Yellow Medya Turkey Partners with vSplash to Compile Valuable SMB Data
June 18, 2012 | Contributed by: Stephanie Hobbs
Developed by vSplash, SMB DigitalScape is a powerful data collection and analysis engine that gauges the state of SMB digital media and commerce. The technology has already analyzed more than 1.1 million SMB websites in 14 countries around the world, including more than 161,000 SMB websites in Turkey. As part of the agreement, Yellow Medya will provide vSplash with access to its database of nearly 800,000 small businesses in Turkey.
Initial research of Turkish SMB websites suggests that many are not as technically sound from a search engine optimization perspective as they should be and feature deficiencies including lacking meta titles, privacy policies and keywords.
- 99.2% of Turkish SMB websites are not optimized for mobile devices
- 73.4% of Turkish SMB websites lack a phone number on their home page for consumers to contact the business
- 71.7% of Turkish SMB websites lack an email link on their home page for consumers to contact the business
- 57% of Turkish SMB websites lack a form-fill option to enable consumers to request information
- 56.8% of Turkish SMB websites have no keyword information for search engine discovery
In our monthly column on Search Engine Land, we’ve discussed how important it is for local businesses to take care of these website basics in order to effectively reach consumers in our increasingly digital local search environment. Yellow Medya and vSplash are providing a great service to Turkish SMBs by raising awareness for this important issue.