Webinar Recap: How to Optimize for the Right Calls and Not All Calls
October 6, 2016 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
Search, social media and display ads all drive phone calls, but all calls from all of these channels are not equally valuable. Some calls deliver better ROI than others and there are a number of tactics marketers are using to better understand which channels drive the kind of calls that lead to purchases.
In a recent LSA webinar, DialogTech’s Blair Symes shared a number of case studies that showed how, depending on industry, calls and the channels they originate from vary in value. In addition, he shared some best practices on how to optimize for the right calls and not all calls (e.g. first time calls vs. existing customers).
Blair shared a wealth of insights with the audience, and here are just a few takeaways:
- Digital channels are expected to drive 108 billion calls to U.S. businesses in 2016.
- DialogTech clients representing four different industries are seeing that 65-90% of leads from digital marketing are calls.
- For some advertisers, paid search drives less total calls, but those calls convert at a higher rate than SEO.
- Local numbers get 3x as many calls as toll-free numbers.
- Mobile to account for 65% of all digital ad spend.
- Large brands are using call data to connect purchases with individual callers and the media channels they use before the purchase.
- If you only measure form fills and ignore call conversions, your CPL and CPA metrics could be off by 50% or more.
View the entire webinar replay below.
For access to all of LSA’s past webinars, visit http://bit.ly/LSAwebinars.