Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week: Websites
February 28, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
This week we focus on the importance of small business websites when it comes to attracting local consumers. Studies consistently show that many SMBs don’t have a website, and those that do struggle with related activities including SEO, mobile optimization and formatting.
Here are some compelling stats that help put into perspective how websites are critical to any small business’ local strategy:
- 2 in 3 American and Canadian consumers indicate that a local business having a website affects their opinion of the business and whether or not to use it. (BrightLocal)
- 45% of US and UK SMBs said they don’t have a website, and in both cases only 6% of respondents with websites said they were mobile-optimized. (hibu)
- 59% of consumers visit a business’ website when conducting a mobile search. (Google/Nielsen)
- 40% of SMBs said they are going to increase their budgets for websites by 10-15% within the next 12 months. (Thrive Analytics)
- More than 90% of SMB websites audited didn’t display a contact email address, and nearly half lacked a phone number on their homepage. (vSplash)
Be sure to check back next week for our next edition of Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week. Have a great weekend!
Tags: ad stats, BrightLocal, Data, Google, hibu, insights, local businesses, Local Search, Local Search Association, mobile optimized websites, Nielsen, research, SEO, SMB, statistics, Thrive Analytics, vSplash, websites
Sorry. No data so far.