Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week: Web Design
October 24, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
Websites are foundational to any business’s online presence. With that being said, design and functionality are extremely important and consumer perceptions are generated within just seconds of visiting a site.
While much of the discussion in the local marketing space centers around the importance of having a website, equal importance should be placed on making sure that website is functional and adds value for the business. Here are a few stats that show just how much web design can impact a consumer:
- 40% of Web users leave pages that take more than 3 seconds to load. (Instant Shift)
- It takes about 50 milliseconds (that’s 0.05 seconds) for users to form an opinion about your website that determines whether they like your site or not, and whether they’ll stay or leave. (Taylor & Francis)
- 50% say that even if they like a business, they will use its site less often if it doesn’t work well on their smartphone. (Google)
- For online shoppers, 42% said that their opinion of a website is formed based on overall design alone. (KISSmetrics)
- 94% of people cite design as a reason they do not trust a certain website. (Instant Shift)
Be sure to check back next Friday for our next edition of Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week. Have a great weekend!