Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week: Reputation Management
April 11, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
A few weeks ago we shared stats that highlighted the importance of ratings and reviews for local search as well as the impact ratings and reviews have on consumers. Along those same lines, today’s stats examine the importance of managing and monitoring reviews, social media pages and other venues where consumers can freely provide feedback.
While these online venues make it easy to connect with local consumers, they also make it easy for a business’ slip ups to be more visible. For this reason, reputation management is critical in order to leave a positive impression on existing and potential customers.
Here are some compelling stats the highlight the importance of managing a business’ online reputation:
- 95% of unhappy customers will return if an issue is resolved quickly and efficiently. (People Claim)
- Over half of brands (55.5%) do not have an effective strategy in place to deal with negative comments on social networks. (Social Media Marketing University)
- 7 in 10 survey respondents indicated that a brand’s response to an online consumer review changes their perception of a brand. (Bazaarvoice)
- 68% of SMBs don’t spend any time monitoring for online reviews. (Yodle)
- Just 40.5% of SMBs consider websites with customer opinion to be very or extremely important. (BIA/Kelsey)
Be sure to check back next week for our next edition of Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week. Have a great weekend!
Tags: Bazaarvoice, BIA/Kelsey, consumer feedback, insights, local advertising, local marketing, Local Search, Local Search Association, online reviews, People Claim, reputation management, research, SMBs, social media, Social Media Marketing University, stats, Yodle