Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week: Relevance
February 21, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
This week we focus on the importance of relevance in local marketing and advertising. We’re seeing a desire from consumers to receive more personalized and relevant ads and marketers are also seeing better engagement with personalized experiences.
Here are just a few compelling stats that help put into perspective how targeted messaging is impacting the local space:
- About 70% of consumers surveyed said that they would like at least some ads tailored directly to their interests. (Zogby Analytics)
- Advertisers will pay three times more per impression for cookie-driven ads, and seven times more if the cookie is 90-days old. (Navigant Economics/Digital Advertising Alliance)
- Advertisers and media companies feel that targeting specific consumers is the greatest potential advantage of video advertising. (Forrester/Videology)
- Ecommerce professionals working for brands and agencies found that businesses that personalize web experiences are seeing an increase in sales of 19% on average. (Econsultancy)
- Among leading marketing and brand executives, delivering personalized customer experiences was the top data and predictive analytics strategy for cross-channel consumer engagement. (Neustar)
Be sure to check back next week for our next edition of Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week. Have a great weekend!
Tags: contextual marketing, cookies, Digital Advertising Alliance, ecommerce, Econsultancy, Forrester, interest-based advertising, local advertising, local marketing, local relevance, Local Search, Local Search Association, Navigant Economics, Neustar, personalization, relevance, tailored ads, video advertising, Videology, Zogby Analytics
Sorry. No data so far.