Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week: Online Video
March 14, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
This week we focus on the growing online video advertising space and its impact on consumers. As more and more consumers shift from watching live TV to streaming online video, there is a tremendous opportunity for marketers to build awareness and engagement with the growing online outlet.
Here are some compelling stats that show how online video is impacting the advertising space:
- About 190 million Americans watch more than 52 billion online videos and more than 35 billion video ads each month. (comScore)
- 91% of agencies and 86% of brands anticipate an increase in video spending in 2014. (Adap.tv)
- 73% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase after watching videos explaining a product or service. (Animoto)
- Online video ads will attract $5.72 billion in 2014. (eMarketer)
- Online video ads have higher impact than TV ads. (IAB/Nielsen)
Be sure to check back next week for our next edition of Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week. Have a great weekend!
Tags: Adap.tv, Animoto, comScore, eMarketer, IAB, insights, Local Search, Local Search Association, Nielsen, online video, online video streaming, research, statistics, stats, top 5, TV, Video, video ad spend, video advertising