Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week: Mobile
February 14, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
Today we’re excited to launch a new weekly series in which we’ll highlight five compelling pieces of data and research about the fast-changing local advertising and marketing space.
This inaugural week we focus on mobile, where we’re seeing growing consumer usage and engagement when it comes to local activity and actions.
Here are just a few of the compelling stats that help put into perspective how consumers today are navigating local via their mobile devices:
- The most popular post-click activity of 2013 was click-to-call. (xAd)
- 77% of mobile searches occur at home or at work, while 17% take place on-the-go. (Google)
- 81% of smartphone users rely on their mobile device for local shopping information. (Local Search Association/comScore)
- 92% of consumers searching on mobile devices prefer browser search compatibility over mobile app availability. (DAC Group/Kantar)
- $12 billion is the current value of U.S. online mobile sales to SMBs. (hibu)
Be sure to check back next week for our next edition of Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week. Have a great weekend!