Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week: Key Takeaways from LSA|14
May 9, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
Now that we have had some time to digest all of the content that came out of LSA|14, we wanted to share our Top 5 key takeaways from our event in Huntington Beach last week.
We heard from influential speakers that work for major players in the local space including Google, Bing, YP, LivingSocial, comScore and many more. We also had the opportunity to listen to Steve Wozniak, the Apple co-founder, which was a real treat.
Given our long list of powerful speakers, it wasn’t easy selecting the Top 5 key takeaways from the event. Nonetheless, here they are:
- Prediction: The focus in local will shift from consumer acquisition to customer retention. (Back to the Future Panel)
- “Your smartphone is becoming like a friend – your most trusted advisor in the world.” (Steve Wozniak, co-founder, Apple)
- Almost 80% of mobile searches end in a purchase, with nearly 75% of purchases occurring in-store. (Gian Fulgoni, executive chairman and co-founder, comScore)
- Four tips in earning a national advertiser’s business: provide incremental ROI, respect client’s time, get to the point and come recommended. (Alexis Nahama, VP marketing, VCA Animal Hospital)
- Last Mile Advertising is a new way to talk about “local.” The concept represents locally targeted ads or messages delivered close to the point of purchase that help facilitate consumer actions. (Neg Norton, president, Local Search Association)
Be sure to check back next week for our next edition of Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week. Have a great weekend!
Sorry. No data so far.