Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week: Daily Deals & Digital Coupons
August 8, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
While the daily deal craze has somewhat settled down over the last few years, there are still strong supporters of this marketing tactic. And with the proliferation of smartphones and mobile devices, digital coupons are becoming more widespread and offer conveniences that paper coupons can’t.
Some marketers find that daily deal websites are ideal for introducing new products, brands or businesses to the market. People tend to be more willing to try something new if there is a deal attached to it, rather than pay full price for something they aren’t sure about.
All in all, people like discounts and here are some stats on how daily deals and online coupons are functioning in the marketplace:
- 53% of SMBs said daily deals are the most effective technology tool in attracting new customers. (Constant Contact)
- 80% of marketers have no plans to use daily deal sites, such as Groupon or LivingSocial, in the near future. (Social Media Examiner)
- More than 70% of digital coupon users will use a mobile device to redeem a discount in 2014. (eMarketer)
- When asked about unplanned purchases, 21% stated they bought from daily deal websites and 28% claimed they buy products they had never bought before from daily deal websites. (Ryan Partnership)
- 68% strongly believe that digital coupons have a positive impact on a retailer’s brand. (RetailMeNot)
Be sure to check back next Friday for our next edition of Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week. Have a great weekend!
Tags: constant contact, daily deals, deals, digital coupons, eMarketer, Groupon, LivingSocial, Local Search, Local Search Association, online coupons, online discount, RetailMeNot, Ryan Partnership, small businesses, SMB, Social Media Examiner
Sorry. No data so far.