Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week: Content Marketing
September 12, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
While content marketing encompasses everything from press releases to tweets, there are some tactics that are taking priority over others. According to a study by the Content Marketing Institute, the top five content marketing tactics, as categorized by business to consumer (B2C) marketers, are social media, website articles, e-newsletters, blogs and videos.
Although considering a content marketing strategy for any business, large or small, can seem daunting, there is tremendous upside. Content only costs time to create, helps boost search engine rankings, reinforces brand messaging, persuades and influences consumer actions, and, overall, it helps improve an organization’s visibility online.
Here are some stats that highlight both the current state of content marketing as well as the opportunity for solution providers to help elevate the space:
- B2C marketers use an average of 12 content marketing tactics. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 81% of marketers plan to increase their use of original content on social media in 2014, and 78% of B2B marketers are more likely to blog more, compared to B2C marketers at 63%. (Social Media Examiner)
- Only 25% of marketers measure the ROI of their content marketing efforts down to the actual piece of content. (Skyword)
- 59% of marketing & ad execs don’t believe their talent has what it takes to be very successful in content marketing. (Online Marketing Institute)
- Kraft generates the equivalent of 1.1 billion ad impressions a year and a four-times-better ROI through content-marketing than through targeted advertising. (Kraft)
Be sure to check back next Friday for our next edition of Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week. Have a great weekend!
Tags: blogs, brand messaging, content marketing, Content Marketing Institute, e-newsletters, Kraft, Local Search, Local Search Association, Online Marketing Institute, online visibility, Skyword, social media, Social Media Examiner, videos, website articles
Sorry. No data so far.