Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week: Automation
May 30, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
Selling new digital marketing solutions to SMBs has proven difficult for a variety of reasons – many of which boil down to price. Many SMBs have limited advertising budgets, which are hard for local advertising providers to reconcile with their costs of doing business. But automation is helping to change that.
Automating workflows and ad buys are helping agencies and platforms lower the costs of onboarding new customers and executing campaigns. While automation has driven display advertising to new levels, it is finding its way into video and even search engine marketing.
Here are stats that highlight the role automation is playing in the advertising space, and the potential it has to make various forms of advertising more affordable to SMBs:
- Approximately 20% of all digital advertising is sold by one machine talking to another machine—and growing rapidly. (IAB)
- In 2012, marketing automation had the largest year-over-year growth of any area: 233%. (eMarketer)
- B2B marketers that implement marketing automation increase their sales-pipeline contribution by 10%. (Forrester)
- Global marketing automation software revenue is expected to reach $1.9 billion by 2020. (Frost & Sullivan)
- The percentage of B2B Fortune 500 companies using marketing automation increased 112% in 2014 to 53% of all companies. (Pardot)
Be sure to check back next Friday for our next edition of Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week. Have a great weekend!