Sightly Discusses Shift from TV to Online Video and Outlines Local Impact
March 18, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
During Sightly’s webinar last week, CEO John McIntyre discussed the massive growth of the online video audience and the impact this is having on local advertising. Given the large portion of consumers that are now streaming online videos, McIntyre sees a tremendous opportunity to capture the attention of these consumers with local, targeted videos. Here are some takeaways from the webinar:
- Video isn’t just for big brands anymore.
- Best practices for local video ads: create localized commercials, target specific audiences and reach every screen.
- 190 million Americans watch online video each month.
- Video ads reach 90% of internet users.
- Localized and personalized video content creates a 200% boost in response rate.
- Online video is around 50% more effective than TV when it comes to message and brand recall.
- Internet users watch 35 billion video ads every month.
Check out the entire presentation below:
For access to all of our past webinars and a look at what’s to come, visit http://bit.ly/LSAwebinars.
Tags: dynamic ads, Local Search, Local Search Association, local video, LSA Webinar Series, online video, online video advertising, personalization, programmatic media buying, Sightly, targeted video ads, TV