Rio SEO Highlights Importance of Business Listing Management for National Brands
April 24, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
During Rio SEO’s webinar a few weeks ago, Bill Connard, VP of Local Search Solutions, discussed how multi-location businesses, especially national brands with thousands of locations, struggle to manage the accuracy and consistency of their local business information. This is a huge missed opportunity because using local listings to drive search traffic has proven to deliver the lowest cost per acquisition in the search industry to date.
Bill provided some examples and shared the processes used and the results seen by big brands that are managing their local business listings in bulk. Here are the top three highlights from the webinar:
- About 75% of consumers who generate directions via a search are going to the store to purchase or research a purchase.
- Google, Bing and Yahoo account for 96.3% of US search traffic.
- Claiming your listing on search engines is a good start, but listing optimization is what drives local SEO success.
- 4 Steps to Maximize Local ROI with Listing Management: 1. Single environment to manage and collect local data; 2. Tackle the BIG local search directories first; 3. Syndicate local data to build links and enhance user experience; and 4. Measure Local SEO ROI through KPIs.
- Ways to Optimize Local Data: 1. Name can include geo-modifier or service (i.e. Sports Authority San Diego); 2. Consistent address, local phone number; 3. Local business hours and specialty hours; 4. Local descriptions to include services offered (i.e. Sports Authority Sporting Goods); 5. Brand logo, storefront and product images; and 6. Social media links and additional local info.
Check out the entire presentation below:
For access to all of our past webinars and a look at what’s to come, visit http://bit.ly/LSAwebinars.