Replay: What Local Marketers Must Know in 2018
January 26, 2018 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
In the latest LSA webinar, Mike Blumenthal and David Mihm discussed their predictions for the local marketing space and what they mean for digital agencies and media companies in 2018. Topics included local SEO, Google and GMB, reviews and reputation management, local ads and voice search.
In addition to reacting to the predictions in LSA’s 2018 Predictions Report, Mike and David provided predictions of their own:
- Google will defend local at all costs
- New Google Local products and integrations
- Google Q&A: Big brands will hate it
- Google = local brand trust
- Google as Airbnb
- Voice will not break out as a local marketing tool.
- Messaging will “take-off” as an SMB tool.
- Yelp will continue to lose ground.
- Review integrity will be an issue.
- More ads in SERPs
- Reserve with Google in even more industries
- GMB Slows Down a Bit
- Maps becomes a new frontier of monetization for Google
- Google actually fights back against fake reviews
- Twitter’s “Promote Mode” product is a complete and utter failure
- Facebook discontinues broadcast Messenger ads by the end of 2018
- Amazon maintains at least a 40-point voice device lead over Google
- Amazon makes a major SMB push
- Etsy makes positive headlines with major partnership or as an acquisition
- The beginning of the end of Yelp
For more insight into the reasoning behind all of these predictions, you can watch the webinar replay below.
For more info about LSA’s webinar series, visit: http://bit.ly/LSAwebinars
Tags: 2018 predictions
2 Responses to “Replay: What Local Marketers Must Know in 2018”