Replay: How Voice Search is Unraveling Content Marketing as We Know It
August 3, 2018 | Contributed by: Courtney Dobson
During a recent LSA webinar, Collin Holmes from Chatmeter discussed the rapid adoption of voice search and its different aspects, as well as how it’s changing the landscape of content marketing. Voice search is currently available on phones, in cars and on home devices and smart speakers.
He dove into what’s being referred to as the “Voice Search Revolution,” and voice engine optimization (VEO), which denotes optimizing your content, location and brand information to increase your likelihood of powering voice search results.
When building a content strategy, the orange components (see below) make up the foundation, and that’s where VEO begins. Here is a breakdown of each building block:
- Listing Accuracy entails keeping all listing information (name, address, phone number, website) accurate.
- Optimization is building up the listing (photos, relevant information), responding to reviews and utilizing GMB Posts to feature specific location content and deals.
- The mobile friendly component means creating content that is mobile-friendly.
- Providing answers means identifying a target audience’s most asked questions.
- Schema markup is using structured data to help search engines identify the important features of your site.
You can view the entire webinar presentation below:
For more info about LSA’s webinar series, visit: http://bit.ly/LSAwebinars.