Local Market Launch Webinar Highlights Importance of Local Mobile Presence for National Brands and SMBs
October 16, 2013 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
During Local Market Launch’s recent webinar, Gideon Rubin, chief marketing officer, talked about the importance of having a local mobile presence and the key differences for national brands and SMBs. He said that these businesses need to invest their efforts in the basics—from mobile optimized local landing pages, to verified business profiles across search, social, directory sites and mobile apps. Here are some takeaways from the webinar:
- Local mobile searches convert into action 90% of the time.
- Give the customers what they want when searching on mobile: phone, address, hours of operations, maps and other contact info.
- Don’t forget to include latitude and longitude and other location meta data so Google and the other mobile properties know that you are relevant for local mobile search results.
- Enhanced data will allow you to show up in more searches. Once you show up, this enhanced data, like photos and description, will help you convert browsers into customers.
- Claimed profiles will lock your brand in so it cannot be hijacked by competitors or your customers. They will also help you show up higher in search results and look more credible once you do show up.
- Syndication, link building is crucial. This will help push your business up in search ranking results.
Check out the entire presentation below.
For access to all of our past webinars and a look at what’s to come, visit http://bit.ly/LSAwebinars.
Tags: apps, landing pages, listing management, Local Market Launch, Local Search, Local Search Association, LSA Webinar Series, mobile listings, mobile presence, mobile search, national brands, small and medium-sized business, SMBs, social media, webinar