Simplifying the Online-to-Offline Conversion Funnel
May 31, 2016 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
Most aren’t taking advantage of the new technologies that allow marketers to track mobile users as they move around the real world and enter stores. The biggest challenge is that some of these methods require significant scale or technology and may be expensive for many smaller-budget marketers.
During a webinar last week, SweetIQ Co-Founder and CRO Michael Mire discussed how to calculate “real world ROI” and offline attribution, without installing hardware or engaging in advanced “control and exposed” testing. LSA’s Greg Sterling provided some lead-in data and insights to highlight the importance of online-to-offline (O2O) tech for understanding and communicating digital ROI.
Here are some takeaways from the webinar:
- 30% of all mobile searches are related to location
- 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to access local information
- SweetIQ sees four primary components of the O2O conversion funnel: views, action clicks, potential in-store traffic, sales
- Vast majority of consumers “ROBO” (research online, buy offline)
- Google says “open now” searches have doubled since last year
- New location analytics can be complex and requires scale and location precision
Check out the entire webinar presentation below:
For access to all of LSA’s past webinars, visit http://bit.ly/LSAwebinars.