Greg Sterling Highlights Opportunities with Indoor Location Technology
December 2, 2013 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
During his webinar, Greg Sterling, industry expert, gave an overview of the indoor location marketing ecosystem, various technologies in use, indoor analytics and the way in which online-to-offline tracking will revolutionize ROI. Some takeaways from the webinar include:
- Web-influenced offline spending is worth nearly $2 trillion annually.
- Large majorities of internet users do research online before buying in stores or engaging local service providers.
- People consult their smartphones for price and product information before deciding whether to buy.
- The big opportunity for local marketers with indoor location is tracking online to offline activity.
- 59% of searches on Yelp are from mobile.
- Smartphones at critical mass
- Basic location infrastructure in place (mobile network + WiFi) to make indoor location work
- Consumers are widely using smartphones in stores and are willing to share location for benefits
- Brands/retailers want the data and want to have “conversation” with their customers near POS
- 40% to 50% of search/lookups on various YP sites are from mobile (globally)
- Nearly 50% of Groupon transactions in Q2 (North America) came from mobile
- Google Maps has more mobile than PC users (as of Q4 2012)
Check out the entire presentation below.
For access to all of our past webinars and a look at what’s to come, visit http://bit.ly/LSAwebinars.