Five Steps to Capturing Mobile Customers in 2012
December 13, 2011 | Contributed by: Stephanie Hobbs
In my Locals Only column on Search Engine Land this month, I talk about the growing role that mobile is playing in the average shopping experience.
With a fast-growing and appealing consumer base now utilizing mobile devices throughout the purchasing process from pre- to post-sale, local businesses are taking note and investing in mobile marketing at an unprecedented rate.
In the column, I map out a five-step process to better understand the mobile shopping phenomenon to enable local businesses to better influence customer decisions in 2012. The process includes:
- Recognizing that mobile is a big deal – and that it’s only better bigger
- Understanding that young and wealthy customers are the most common mobile shoppers
- Paying attention to the geographies where mobile is hot
- Influencing mobile shoppers’ pre-purchase decisions
- Ensuring in-store visits result in sales