Defining Mobile Campaign Objectives and KPIs
September 2, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
During last week’s webinar, Heather Johnston and Shannon McBride of UpSnap gave a look into just how big the mobile opportunity is. While eMarketer estimates that spending on mobile advertising will soar 83% to nearly $18 billion this year, this growth will only bring mobile’s share of the ad market to 9.8% despite consumers spending a quarter of their media time on mobile devices.
Given these facts, the mobile opportunity is clear. During the webinar, Heather and Shannon shared strategies and tools needed to quickly launch successful results-driven mobile campaigns. Whether it’s awareness, engagement or downloads an advertiser wants, there are specific tactics that help achieve the desired result from these mobile campaigns. Here are some highlights from the webinar:
- 2014 mobile advertising spend is projected to surpass radio, newspaper and magazines;
- By 2018, one half of today’s smartphone owners will use mobile wallets as their preferred payment method;
- When it comes to online purchases, 4 out of 5 consumers prefer to shop using their smartphones;
- Nearly 50 million consumers will use mobile coupons this year which have a 10X higher redemption rate over print;
- Mobile app downloads will reach 76.9 billion and generate $35 billion in sales this year;
- 89% of mobile use occurs in apps and can have conversion rates as much as 140% higher than mobile web;
- Three core elements of any mobile campaign:
- Reach: Make sure your mobile platform can scale;
- Targeting: Define audience then ask for data-rich consumer profiles;
- Results: Expect transparency, real-time reporting and 24/7 access;
- You must define your campaign objectives and KPIs (e.g. building awareness, driving engagement, downloads, etc.);
- In addition to accurate location data for mobile, advertisers must consider device, intent, context, demographics, etc.
Check out the entire presentation below:
or access to all of our past webinars and a look at what’s to come, visit http://bit.ly/LSAwebinars.
Tags: analytics, big data, eMarketer, local advertising, Local Search, Local Search Association, location signals, LSA Webinar Series, mobile, mobile ad spend, Mobile Advertising, mobile campaigns, national brands, small and medium-sized business, SMB, UpSnap, webinar
Sorry. No data so far.