BIA/Kelsey Leading in Local: Utilizing LinkedIn to Sell
December 12, 2013 | Contributed by: Wesley Young
Koka Sexton, senior social marketing manager at LinkedIn share some interesting numbers and data:
- 75% B2B purchases are influenced by social
- 57% of buying decisions are made before sales rep involvement.
- 97% of the time cold calls do not work.
The most successful sales reps do 3 things:
- Find the right people
- Lead with insights
- Leverage relationships
Professional networking sites like LinkedIn help sales reps with these 3 things and they claim that the #1 factor for driving high sales rep performance is using social media in critical communications channels. LinkedIn defines social selling as follows:
- Leverage your social brand to fill your pipeline with the right people, insights, and relationships
- And they offer these 4 Actions to maximize results from social selling: 1. Build your Profile 2. Develop your Network 3. Gather Insights 4. Contribute Insights
Doing these things to build your network will help you gain credibility with potential clients and help you sell successfully.