BIA/Kelsey’s ILM West 2011 Conference, ‘Closing the Local Loop,’ Coming in December
October 20, 2011 | Contributed by: Neg Norton
I encourage our members and others in the local search community to take a look at the exciting lineup coming together for BIA/Kelsey’s Interactive Local Media (ILM) West 2011 conference, scheduled to take place December 12-14 at Hyatt Regency San Francisco,
As the conference website notes, “local” has long been considered the new frontier in digital marketing. Now, a new wave of commerce-centric solutions – encompassing location-based services, geotargeting, deals, online coupons, customer engagement and retention solutions – is enabling local advertisers to realize the long-standing promise of local interactive media to promote and grow their businesses.
This three-day BIA/Kelsey event for the local digital community will focus on “Closing the Local Loop” by spotlighting the latest developments in “final mile commerce” – from tools to transactions.
- An opening keynote by new media pioneer Bob Pittman, CEO of Clear Channel Communications. Pittman is a cofounder of MTV and was president of AOL Time Warner and Century 21
- A “Reinventing Local Media” panel with Clark Gilbert, president and CEO of Deseret Digital Media, and John Paton, CEO, Digital First Media, Journal Review, MediaNews Group
- A panel entitled “Focus on Local Verticals: The Hot Spots,” with Mark Britton, CEO and president of Avvo, and Larry Illg, VP, GM of eBay Classifieds U.S.
- A sit down interview with Kara Swisher, co-editorial director, The Wall Street Journal’s All Things D
- A conversation on “The New Wave of Local Lead Generation” with Tom Higley, CEO, Local Matters and David Sharman, senior VP and chief strategy officer, Dex One
Don’t miss a free webinar preview of ILM West scheduled for Wednesday, November 2 at 2 p.m. Eastern. And register today ILM West, where you’ll have the opportunity to connect with those who are influencing the future of final mile commerce.