2015 Ad to Action Awards Broadens Reach with Rule Change, New Categories, Diverse Judges
November 11, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
After a great 2014 competition (60 entries, 8 winners), we are excited to bring back the Ad to Action Awards for 2015. The competition remains focused on celebrating the most innovative “local” products or solutions that facilitate consumer actions like calls, clicks, store visits, etc. If you want to see how your company or solutions stacks up against the competition, we are now accepting entries.
While the spirit of the competition remains the same, we are excited to announce a few changes that we think will help this program be more relevant to a broader range of companies in the local media and marketing space. These changes include:
- Products and solutions are no longer required to have been launched within the last 6 months. While that opens the competition to any and all solutions, keep in mind that the focus is on innovation. With that being said, products that offer a new spin on a familiar process, or completely new and inventive solutions will have the best chance of winning.
- We have added, changed and removed some categories from last year in order to be more inclusive. We did this to accommodate everyone in the local space, including all the new players that emerge on a monthly, if not weekly basis. Here are the categories for 2015:
- Presence Management
- Verticals & Marketplaces
- Attribution & Analytics
- Platforms & Services
- Best Local Ad Campaign
- We are bringing on a completely new list of exciting judges. From publishers to advertisers, agencies to search engines, we are compiling a diverse group of industry leaders from around the space. Some of the judges include:
- Janet Disbrow, Vice President, National Sales, YP
- Jeff Fagel, CMO, G/O Digital
- Lutz Finger, Author of “Ask, Measure, Learn” & Director, LinkedIn
- Monica Ho, Marketing, Infrastructure, xAd, Inc.
- Steven Jacobs, Deputy Editor, Street Fight
- Duncan McCall, CEO and Co-Founder , PlaceIQ
- Anne Mercogliano, Head of SMB Marketing, Twitter
- David Mihm, Director of Local Search Strategy, Moz
- Faith Murphy, Director, Channel Management & Reseller Network, Yahoo
- Trevor Nadeau, Managing Director – EMEA, BuzzBoard, Inc.
- Elise Neel, Head of Sales, MapQuest
- Shelby Reno, Director of Marketing & Communications, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK
- Sharon Rowlands, CEO, ReachLocal
- Christian Ward, EVP, Partnerships, Yext
If you aren’t familiar with the Ad to Action Awards program, check out the links below highlighting the 2014 program and winners:
- 2015 Ad to Action Awards landing page;
- Blog post announcing 2014 finalists;
- Blog post announcing 2014 winners;
- Video of judges discussing winning entries;
- Videos featuring 10-15 minute presentations from winning companies;
- Report highlighting all of the winners for 2014.
As mentioned earlier, for 2015 the virtues of the competition remain the same compared to last year and we expect it to once again be a true competition of merit. For more info, or if you’re ready to submit your 2015 entry, CLICK HERE.
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com. We look forward to your participation!
Sorry. No data so far.