Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week: Dentists
October 17, 2014 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
With the growing number of local media outlets, consumers are turning to different combinations of local media depending on the business category they are evaluating. Based on stats from a few of our recent studies, we are finding that while some overarching themes exist across all categories, consumers use a wide variety of media outlets to seek, discover and consider dentists.
Nearly half of SMBs feel their biggest challenge with digital media is not having enough knowledge or expertise, yet a large portion of consumers are using digital outlets to find these businesses. For instance, the Local Media Tracking Study shows that four out of the top five most used media outlets to evaluate dentists exist online.
The importance of engaging on these digital outlets is self-evident, and here are some stats that show how consumers engage with local dentists:
- $495 is the average purchase amount for dentists.
- 51% of consumers searched for dentists via search engines.
- 42% of consumers searched for dentists via print yellow pages.
- 18% of consumers relied on their friends and family for dentist referrals.
- 13% of consumers considered dentists via ratings and reviews sites.
Be sure to check back next Friday for our next edition of Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week. Have a great weekend!