Top 10 Local & Location-Based Marketing Articles on LSA Insider from 2017
January 5, 2018 | Contributed by: LSA Editors
From news and commentary to stats and studies, we cover a variety of topics here on LSA Insider. Based on article views, shares and comments, here are the top ten most popular posts from 2017:
1. Colossal Merger Yields DexYP (June 30, 2017)
After months of on again, off again rumors the deal of the century, at least in the Yellow Pages industry, has finally come to pass. Dex Media has acquired its rival YP to become DexYP.
2. 2017 Ad-to-Action Award Winners Announced at LSA17 in San Diego (February 27, 2017)
The 2017 Ad-to-Action Awards program received 172 entries across 11 categories. Finalists represented a mix of agencies, publishers, tech providers and more.
3. 8 Changes to Google My Business: What You Need to Know (June 8, 2017)
In a recent webinar, local SEO expert Joy Hawkins, a Google My Business Top Contributor, took the LSA audience through important GMB changes and offered pro tips for maximizing organic exposure.
4. On Target Podcast: Gordon Henry, CMO, DexYP (September 12, 2017)
In the latest On Target podcast, LSA’s Charles Laughlin spoke with DexYP’s Gordon Henry about the YP acquisition and what it means for the company.
5. Webinar Replay: Understanding Local Search Ranking Factors 2017 (May 5, 2017)
This week LSA hosted a webinar with Darren Shaw of Whitespark and Britney Muller of Moz exploring the 2017 Local Search Ranking Factors report.
6. Introducing the Local Marketing Stack (June 8, 2017)
David Mihm explains his view of the Local Marketing Stack, sharing an infographic geared towards helping small business owners make marketing decisions.
7. Google Has ‘Built’ More than 250K Websites for SMBs in One Month (July 20, 2017)
In roughly a month, according to Mike Blumenthal, Google has seen the creation of approximately 250,000 websites.
8. The Digital Consumer: Exploring Digital Media Usage in U.S. Cities (April 20, 2017)
Today LSA is releasing “The Digital Consumer Study” which looks at how digital media usage for local business discovery varies from city to city.
9. Facebook Inches Closer to Something That Looks Like Local Search (March 24, 2017)
Facebook has all the pieces, including a massive trove of reviews and its social graph, to create a very useful and powerful local search capability.
10. ‘Local Market Paradox’: Consumer Tech Changing, SMB Issues Persist (August 10, 2017)
We’ve got a consumer market in dramatic and rapid transition, an SMB market that is moving much more slowly and unevenly and a large number of vendors and service providers that are trying to bridge the two.
LSA members are eligible to contribute monthly to the LSA Insider blog. If you are interested in contributing or want to learn more about becoming a member, please email us with your information and topics/areas of expertise that you would like to write about.