Over Half of Sales Time Is Wasted on Unproductive Prospecting
March 20, 2017 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
Even with the many technology platforms and sales tools emerging each day, it can be overwhelming to find exactly what local sellers need to be more efficient with their time. In fact, one study shows that over half of sales time is wasted on unproductive prospecting.
During a webinar last week, Amanda Dukes from Localead talked about just how much time is wasted on ineffective prospecting and provided some tips for working more efficiently. She cited data that showed sales productivity is the number one determining factor of hitting revenue goals and lost productivity and poorly managed leads cost companies at least $1 trillion every year.
Sale productivity and efficient and effective prospecting are major hurdles for local/SMB sellers. With SMBs getting around 24 sales calls each month from marketing and advertising providers alone, cutting through the noise is extremely difficult.
In the webinar, Amanda gave a variety of tips for local sellers to be more effective:
- Without a tool that offers rich, accurate business data and info, sales prospecting can be a time-consuming and costly endeavor.
- In order to perfect the “niche pitch,” local sellers need to organize prospects by interests or business categories.
- Industry awards and competitions can be great for differentiating your business and winning these contests will help make for an easier sell.
- It’s much easier to let your product speak for itself via free trials, warm leads, referrals, content marketing and more.
- Fix or correct any negative feedback and follow up with lost prospects when the product/offering is updated.
Check out the full webinar presentation below:
For access to all of LSA’s past webinars, visit http://bit.ly/LSAwebinars.