LSA17: Next-Gen SMB Marketing Platforms
March 1, 2017 | Contributed by: Joe Morsello
Even as a few dominant companies appear to be grabbing more media spend and mindshare, there are newer platforms and tools emerging as important channels for SMB marketers and their providers. This session at LSA17 explored Waze, Pinterest and Square and how they may impact local digital marketing going forward.
- Branded Pin: Location awareness of your nearby store; communicating offers and new LTOs; driving navigations directly to locations.
- Search Promotion: Creating a branded drive-to-store experience; driving direct navigations to your locations.
- Zero-Speed Takeover: Offer or LTO promotion; driving direct in-store navigations to your locations
- Local Ads that Work: 7.6 Million Impressions; 5,700 Brand Engagements; 400 + Navigations.
- Promoted Pins are just like regular Pins, only you pay to have them seen by more people. They’re native ad units that perform just as well, if not better, than organic Pins, helping people discover and save ideas.
- Buyable Pins let people buy your products without ever leaving Pinterest. Learn more about how they work for Pinners. Learn more about how they work for Pinners.
- Rich Pins are Pins that include extra information right on the Pin itself. There are 6 types of Rich Pins: app, movie, recipe, article, product and place.
- Pinterest Analytics allow businesses to see what people like from their profile and what they save from your website. Get new data about your audience, too, so you can learn what your customers really want.
- Promote company: Square’s email marketing software helps send email campaigns to keep an advertiser’s business top of mind. And now it can send automated campaigns.
- Build customer directory: Create new customer profiles at the point of sale to build a customer directory. Square also automatically adds key customer information with a swipe, dip or tap.
- Send in minutes: Customizable email templates and a distribution list can be built for a business allowing more efficiency when launching email campaigns.
- Track results: Square’s email marketing tools show return on investment for each email right in the Square Dashboard.